Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Tuesday Tip: Learn How to Make Calligraphy

There is just nothing like beautifully hand written letters so today I want to show you how to turn your basic handwriting into calligraphy. Calligraphy pens do work best and naturally give you that variety in thickness with little to no effort but I’m going to show you how to do with a fine tip ink pen since it’s more common. If this is your first time or if you haven’t had much practice with writing neatly then I would write out your letters in pencil first. Then once you have something you like go over it in pen with just one stroke. Sometimes I will let my pen linger at the beginning and end of my letters to let the ink blot a little.
Now on most of your vertical/downward lines draw a second line really close next to it and flow it into the line you drew it next to.
Color in between the vertical lines you drew. I like to go over my single stroke once to make sure it flows more into what I just colored in.
Now you've got yourself some calligraphy! Just add your last finishing touch with some extra swirls, curls, and doodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment